Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetOther - Computers · 1 month ago

Windows 10 - KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR?

Hi!

I am experiencing this issue on my home PC, upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 some months ago.

Suddently I get blue screen with "KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR"

What can I do?

Thank you!

• Lv 7

bad memory or corrupted hard drive. take it to a repair shop.

Looking around its an error caused by one of the following 1) the paging(virtual ram) file has a bad block so basically one or more disk sectors are slightly faulty 2) there is a slight RAM fault 3) a Virus infection 4) a low level disk controller fault. 

You should easily be able to test the Ram as there is usually a Full Ram Test included in the BIOS menu(make sure the system is registering the CORRECT Ram size and if you have recently messed with the Ram Dimms or upgraded them or manually altered any timing settings or CPU timing settings in the Bios then that would be the reason. You should also be able to do a full disk sector test as part of a Chkdsk/F which might fix a suspect disk sector. If it were a Virus then it would most likely cause an instant error as part of booting the pc so would be very obvious. If it were the disk controller then that might suggest the hard drive were suspect and perhaps drawing too much power for the mainboard to supply. This would mean either you had overloaded the system or the drive was just on its way out altogether.