What do you think about the German film Das Boot, I am a Pole Poland suffered a lot at the hands of Germany, but I admire Submariners?

What do you think about the German film Das Boot, I am a Pole Poland suffered a lot at the hands of Germany, but I have some admiration for the Kriegsmarine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC03c9rUzDsAlthoug...

Youtube thumbnail

I am glad that the Germans lost that war and I think so, that maybe if during the Versailles pact only the territories that the Germans had appropriated were taken from the Reich and such draconian financial penalties were not imposed on them, mainly at the request of France and the UK, perhaps not would be Nazism.I have Asperger Syndrome, I was rejected from conscription to the Polish Armed Forces for this reason, although in my doctor's opinion, more because I had epilepsy in childhood, perhaps the so-called rolandic epilepsy rather than from Asperger itself.I suspect that my mother must have told the draft commission ;-)Anyway, my friend boasted that he had served in our Polish Navy for some time, when we still had conscription troops, that he was the so-called boatswain mate or non-commissioned submarine, that he had not only Asperger but also ADHD but in a mild form that he was Aspie, but did not tell the doctors on the draft.

That the Royal Navy and the US Navy would probably get a kick in the *** for such stunt, but not in Poland, that on the contrary, its commander was impressed that he wanted to serve, but his commanders said that he is so functional that could get a medical waiver, why he risking that he getting a reprimand, that his captain helped him clear this up. 

A game about UBOT (Made in Poland) xD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGWTmw41J0o

Youtube thumbnail

Mine friend say that Submarine service especially Sonarist (Sonar Specialist) is a perfect match for someone on Autism Spectrum. 

German movie rules do not allow them to show themselves as winners.   So the sub had many successful missions only to get blow away at the very end.    Good movie.   

Das Boot is considered to be one of the finest war movies out there, and also highly accurate; probably one of the most accurate ever made.  That fact that it is about the "other" side does not change that.

• Bill-M

Best War Movie ever made as for Authenticity.

Great Movie well worth watching

It's not considered a cinematic marvel for nothing.

Heroism is heroism ,even if for an evil cause  

• ?

I actually saw that movie, but in Germany, and I don't understand German very well. I remember liking the techno music and the adult beverages, then walking home in the snow.