Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 3 months ago

I have 1 mL of Ferritin.. is this okay??? ?

Hello, I am 20 years old. I am a female. within this past week I have found out I am extremely annemic. I haven't had my period in a month, When I do get it, it only lasts maybe 5 days and isn't too heavy so I don't believe this is the cause. I might be overthinking and kind of a hypochondriac but it is very concerning to see my levels so low..  RBC is normal but hemo is 8.2 and others are lower... but I have 1 mL of Ferratin when I should have 16- some higher number  .. feels so out of reach right now. I am honestly really scared and don't know if I should go to the ER and get a transfusion.. its been about 2 days since i got my blood work and I have felt SO dizzy and light headed.. i usually sleep all weekend because work is so exhausting but all i do is sit at a desk.. it is just all making sense now and the more i research the more I get anxious. I literally only have 1 mL of ferratin what happens when I don't have any left? 

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Tavy
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

So whoever tested you and gave you this info must have suggested taking iron pills.

ER won't give you a transfusion for this.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.