Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 3 months ago

Nutritional labeling on food products?

Okay recently I bought Ritz crackers and ingredients there's only canola oil and palm oil but when I look online and I read articles it says that this partially hydrogenated oil in it but it's not in any of the nutritional labels on any of the Ritz crackers is it possible that the labels are wrong or might just reading an article that is years ago when the item contain partially hydrogenated oil?

2 Answers

Relevance
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

The Ritz Cracker website (US) lists "soybean and/or canola and/or palm oil and/or partially hydrogenated cottonseed oil" as being in their crackers. The ingredients likely differ depending on where the crackers are manufactured. Go by whatever is on the label of the product you purchased (ingredients may change over time, so articles online may be outdated or not applicable to the ingredients used in production of all of the products around the world). 

The link below lists ingredients and nutritional info. 

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Where you buying it ?

ORIGINAL RITZ

Ingredients: UNBLEACHED ENRICHED FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMINE MONONITRATE {VITAMIN B1}, RIBOFLAVIN {VITAMIN B2}, FOLIC ACID), SOYBEAN OIL, SUGAR, PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED COTTONSEED OIL, SALT, LEAVENING (BAKING SODA AND/OR CALCIUM PHOSPHATE), HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, SOY LECITHIN, MALTED BARLEY FLOUR, NATURAL FLAVOR.CONTAINS WHEAT, SOY.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.