What tires would you choose for a ‘16 Cherokee driven on the highway 25 miles each way, 5 days a week, in a Great Lakes climate? Thanks!?

225/60R18 100H

• ?
    Favorite Answer

You will need a set of tire that are severe snow rated. There are many choice but I would recommend the GoodYear ASSURANCE WEATHERREADY. Excellent tire that is quite, rides smooth, and will last over 50,000 miles. Also will give you good traction in the snow. 

• 3 days ago

I got the Goodyear Assurance WeatherReady tires on KY-Clay's recommendation.  I found his opinion was further backed up by Consumer Reports.

I wouldn't. I'd sell it and buy something that gets decent mileage. Only 5% of Cherokee owners get the EPA estimated 25mpg on the highway. The average is about 18-20. Even if the artificially low gas prices stay the same you'll spend almost 2 grand a year on gas with that much commuting plus personal use. Go trade it in on a 2017 Chevy Bolt and be free of gasoline, oil and engine maintenance. I did and I'm not looking back. It does great in the snow and even with snow tires and winter temps mine has a range oif about 180 miles between charges. In summer it gets a solid 240.  

i would ask a mechanic about it