Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 month ago

Do you have to be quarantined after taking the COVID vaccination?

Update:

I would think if your immunity is low could this be a jumping board to get it mildly or have more asymptomatic ppl carrying the virus...

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

yes and no.. quarantine (for 14 days) is for public health authorities to decide.. if the pandemic is still raging in your area, then the answer is YES... one should remember that a vaccine only improves your chances of not getting the illness - a vaccine does NOT stop you from getting or carrying the illness..

during the vaccine trials: 11 people from the Moderna's vaccine group and 8 people from the Pfizer's vaccine group got moderate COVID-19 (one got severe COVID-19) despite of receiving a COVID-19 vaccine.. furthermore, Pfizer and Moderna trials did not count people who were asymptomatic or with very mild COVID-19.. so IN THEORY, you can still be vaccinated with a COVID-19 but still transmitting COVID-19 virus to other people.. only in AstraZeneca trials, that they've tested all its participants with PCR (nasal swab) test before and after.. 

i.e.  

you will STILL need to social distance yourself and you need to wear mask even after being vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine.. and YES, local authorities may resort to impose quarantine, isolation and lock-downs rules if they need to for maybe another year or two (but hopefully much sooner within few weeks to few months)..

the way we explain this to people is that when you go to war, you will need to wear/bring a helmet, a bullet-proof vest, a machine gun and a side gun, some eye protection and maybe the use of satellite images and spy-drones and spy-planes.. you will need all that to improve your chances of not getting injured or killed during battle..

so think of a COVID19 vaccine as the bullet proof vest, and a mask as a helmet, social distancing as main weapon and washing hands as your side arm.. also think of isolations, quarantine and lockdowns as satellites, spy planes and drones.. you will need ALL that in a war to increase your chances for not getting COVID-19..`

`

`

only when the war has ended and only when there is no danger in sight, we can take off the helmet, put away the weapon and such..

only when less and less people get COVID-19 at any given community, we can put down the mask, bring people to social events and allow free travel all over the world - like we used to.. `

`

`

PS.. Quarantine is a term used for suspected people with the illness to remain separated from the rest of general population.. Isolation is a term used for people who were tested positive for the illness.. when you travel to another country (sometimes to another county or state) from an area that was hit worst with an endemic, an epidemic or a pandemic, quarantine or isolation often last 14 days (depending on the local guidelines).. the implementation and the duration is always dependent on local health authorities which can be different from one country to another (or some parts of the country to another)..

Source(s): i am an actual medical doctor and a surgeon, and a front-liner during the SARS coronavirus epidemic (the original SARS-CoV) of mid 2000s to mid 2010s.. currently in the advisory role in COVID-19 pandemic (the SARS-CoV-2)
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

I've heard some authorities say that when you get tested you should isolate for 14 days regardless of your result, but I've never heard anything about self-isolating after taking the vaccine. The whole point of quarantine/isolation is to stop spreading it to others in case you have it, not to lock yourself up because you're worried about catching it.

• 1 month ago

I have not heard that you do

• Sandy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No, you do not have to be quarantined after taking the COVID vaccination.

You still need to wear a mask, wash your hands frequently, and practice social distancing. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

No, it’s not live virus at all.

• 1 month ago

i dont think so

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yeah, we aII have to!!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.