What to do with food scraps? ?

Does anyone have any tips for what to do with food scraps? Unfortunately there are no organic waste drop off sites in my area, and I live in an apartment building so no yard to compost in. I feel really bad throwing away so much food (usually fruit & vegetable skins, stalks, edges, etc)

Do plant nursery's take them? or maybe local farms? Any advice or tips would be appreciated!

1 day ago

Bit hard when you live in an apartment building. I'm lucky to have a vegetable garden and all my scraps go in there. Do you know if your area has a Community Garden? They would welcome the food scraps for compost.

I’d look for community composting organizations. Either that or I’d post in your local Craigslist and see if there is a farmer or organization near you that wants food scraps. 

• Kate

Save them, feed the animals for not to waste give away food. Or throw it away because you can't mail it to poor children.

• kswck2

Get a dog. Problem solved. 

You don't need a yard to compost food scraps. Al you have to do is open up a can of worms - - literally. You start a worm farm in a box and feed then the scraps. As a side benefit, you not only get compost and castings for your houseplants but you raise worms as fish bait. If there are too many for you to use yourself, you can sell them to fishermen or people raising turtles, frogs, some snakes . . . .

maybe you can donate them to a food pantry

• Murzy

I have a sinkorater that grinds them up.

Anything other than consume. I have gained 10kg in a week. Need a personal trainer who is vicious,  too fat to move off bed