Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationInsurance & Registration · 1 month ago

How are you supposed to get your drivers license with no one to teach me how to drive?

I have a permit but no experience in actual driving whatsoever. I moved away from all my friends and family and I can't afford driving school, but the law says you have to have a licensed driver in the car with you at all times without a license. So how am I supposed to learn and practice?

I moved here a month ago and know no one who would be willing to teach me yet. Thank you pearl I'll get in touch with the driving school and see if they do sliding scale payments or anything like that!

Favorite Answer

It's not about licensed drivers.  It's about their auto insurance.  And, no, driving schools don't take payments.  So save your money or make friends with people who have automobiles and insurance that covers unlicensed drivers.

Well, son....That's called Cryin' In Your Beer. Life must be tough.

• May

I already have a drivers license and don't want to teach you how to drive.

Grammar matters

Obviously you don't. You should have thought of that before you moved. Here's the thing - you need a minimum of 50 hours behind the wheel to get a license and the average person usually isn't competent or safe with less than 100 hours. You simply cannot afford that. 

You aren't.  If you can't afford driving school, then you can't afford to have a car either.  You are supposed to wait until you have enough money to afford it.

My sister snuck out every night and taught herself how to drive. After she got her license it showed she wasn't such a good drive in the daytime for the first few years. You should join a driving school.

maybe you can work out payments with the driving school

You expect us to believe you don't know a single person with a drivers license and car?

• Scott

I already have my license. What does that have to with teaching you to drive? Grammar matters. They have driving schools for people in your situation.

• CB

Make a new friend who has a valid drivers license -  DOH! How can you expect anyone else to come up with a solution based on your current life limitations (self imposed or not).