Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceWords & Wordplay · 1 month ago

If someone speaks like this, does it indicate that they are uneducated? ?

"Like oh my god, I so totally need that dress, the blue one is so last year, it's tragic"

25 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

No, this speaker is almost certainly not uneducated. But she is certainly air-headed, silly and pretentious.

• ?
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Yes, it’s Chav speak.

• 4 weeks ago

Not necessarily. It just means that there are many educated people who tend to commit solecisms and use slang terms because they are lazy and ignorant of the English language. Nyuk. Nyuk. Nyuk!

Far out man. I took this hot chick to lunch de utter day and we had phucking sexual intercourse at her joint.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

sounds merican so that is OK they don't speak English so difficult to know if they are educated or Not.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Dave
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

No. It just means they don't have a command of all the registers (or 'styles' for an easier word) in American English ... (or that it is not shown here, at least...)

• 4 weeks ago

No, this speaker is almost certainly not uneducated. But she is certainly air-headed, silly and pretentious.

• 4 weeks ago

No. It sounds like teenaged girls in California. That's the 'valley girl'  slang.

But slang is usually used by lower class people, that tend to be uneducated.  So there's some connection. 

Source(s): Lived in southern California for 18 years.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

It indicates that it's teenage girl speaking.

• 1 month ago

Of course not. As much as I would love to say that the way someone talks is directly linked to their mental accuity, there just is no correlation.

• 1 month ago

i dont think so

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.