Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceWords & Wordplay · 1 month ago

If someone speaks like this, does it indicate that they are uneducated? ?

"Like oh my god, I so totally need that dress, the blue one is so last year, it's tragic"

No, this speaker is almost certainly not uneducated. But she is certainly air-headed, silly and pretentious.

• ?

Yes, it’s Chav speak.

Not necessarily. It just means that there are many educated people who tend to commit solecisms and use slang terms because they are lazy and ignorant of the English language. Nyuk. Nyuk. Nyuk!

Far out man. I took this hot chick to lunch de utter day and we had phucking sexual intercourse at her joint.

sounds merican so that is OK they don't speak English so difficult to know if they are educated or Not.

• Dave

No. It just means they don't have a command of all the registers (or 'styles' for an easier word) in American English ... (or that it is not shown here, at least...)

No. It sounds like teenaged girls in California. That's the 'valley girl'  slang.

But slang is usually used by lower class people, that tend to be uneducated.  So there's some connection. 

Source(s): Lived in southern California for 18 years.

It indicates that it's teenage girl speaking.

Of course not. As much as I would love to say that the way someone talks is directly linked to their mental accuity, there just is no correlation.

i dont think so