COVID Vaccine?

Hi all. I got my first dose COVID vaccine (Pfizer) on 1/13. I experienced some soreness/ swelling at the injection site for about 24 hours and that was all. I’m looking at my site again today and it’s red/hot about the size of a quarter where I was injected. I don’t have any other symptoms, I was just randomly checking. Has anyone else experienced this? I’m guessing it’s okay, just wanted to see other people’s experiences.

Favorite Answer

Okay, that's officially weird. Injection site swelling is common in the first 24-48 hrs, but I've never heard of it cropping up 10 days later. It could possibly be from residual fluid that just didn't disperse properly... that sometimes happens when an injection is badly placed or out of the muscle. I'd advise taking aspirin, applying warm heat to the area and gentle massage. If it's residue, you need to get more circulation to that spot, to get any leftover fluid moving. (Ice might make it worse.) Also, you should call your doctor or whoever did the vaccine to notify them.

It's probably ok, put some ice on it.

Realize the 2nd dose is what causes the significant illness. 

Medicine for the healthy. 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣.