Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

Is divorce painful?

My cousin got a divorce and made it look incredibly easy. Is it painful? Why even marry in the first place? Duh.

• Foofa

Sometimes divorces are entirely mutual and couples can split with no hard feelings. This is easier when the reason for the divorce is that they just married too young or have recognized that they married for the wrong reasons. Also when people break up before they have a lot of assets or any children it's usually much easier. 

It is if you ever loved that person and your kids, if she made it look easy then she never had any feelings for the other person. 

If you are invested in the marriage and it comes as a shock, yes it is extremely painful. But after a few years, life can be normal again. 

• Teenie

Not at all, at least it wasn't for me anyways. My first marriage only lasted 18 months. By the time we got divorced I had a boyfriend and we were going to get married right after I received the divorce papers in the mail. My second marriage lasted 4 years, when that divorce be came final 7 days later I married my third husband to whom I am still married to.We've been married for 43 years now. Don't let anyone tell you being married doesn't work because it does but only if you are lucky enough to find the right one like I did. Sure it took 3 try's to find the right one but I did. I wasn't going to waste my time on someone who flirted with other women right in front of me or who wasn't going to adore and appreciate me.  I was 25 and he was 19 when I met my third husband to be. YES I know what you're thinking and you would be right,I robbed the cradle. That 19 year old was more of a man than my 2 ex husbands put together.

I have only seen ONE which was very easy.  They both agreed that the original marriage was a mistake.  Having divorced they subsequently found and married others and now the four of them are best friends.  All the others had many psychological hurdles and adjustments.

Depends on who it is, sometimes it’s horrible and nasty and sometimes it can be civil depending on the people. 

• i + i

Divorce is either as easy or as painful 

as the two people divorcing want it to be. 

it might be more painful for them to stay together