Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

How can I move out of my parents house? I'm 25 and only got like $25,000 and no job. Is it smart to move out now, and how?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

I would get a job first then find a place within walking distance of the job so you do not blow money on a car. 

• 1 month ago

I'm assuming your parents aren't going to pay for an apartment and living expenses for you elsewhere. Until you understand the importance of having a job and the maturity to know how much you need to earn for your living expenses (maybe sharing those with a roommate) you're better off to stay right where you are.

Expenses you need to consider:

Rent (perhaps sharing that with a roommate), which varies greatly depending where you are in the country

Vehicle or transportation costs, gas, yearly license and registration fees, money for maintenance, auto insurance

Groceries

Furnishings

Utilities 

Clothing, including for work

At least some entertainment expenses

Health insurance

This is just for starters

Even living frugally in a part of the country with a low cost of living, you would shoot through $25,000 in a year. What are you going to do then?

Welcome to the real World

• TB12
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You're going to need a lot more money than that if you expect anyone to rent you a place without a job.

• 1 month ago

Join the military.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

It might be difficult to rent a place with no income, you might be considered a risk for not being able to pay rent. 

• You, might want to wait 4 years, the future of the economy is looking rather bleak. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Get a job first or your money will quickly disappear

• PIE
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

You're 25 with no job?

Are you sick or disabled?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.