Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationBuying & Selling · 1 month ago

Bought a car in Ontario and the seller gave me the wrong side of the ownership. What do I do?

I bought a car in Ontario and the seller gave me the wrong side of the ownership and moved out of the province. I'm selling the car to another person and I can't get ahold of the original owner I bought it from. What do I do?

The wrong side of the ownership as in, I did not receive the side you you fill out the transfer of vehicle information in.

Contact the DMV (or whatever they call the DMV in Ontario -- 'Ministry of Motor Vehicles' or something?)

They can help you figure out what you need to do to get an actual copy of the title (or whatever) so you can sell it.

You mean the carbon copy instead of the original copy.?  Not a big deal. Schit happens.  They can work with the paperwork you got at DMV

Unsure what the side means.

Because sometimes it works

And honestly everything is for sale for a price.

When they say they want my house, I tell it's all your for 3X the value and I'll be out in a week.

-- It's amazing that they don't answer back.