Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationBuying & Selling · 1 month ago

Should I get a 2020 Dodge Charger SXT or a 1967 Chevrolet Impala fully restored as a “first” car for a 17 year old?

thank you for the answers, we’re going with a Dodge Challenger instead. My kid already has a couple years of experience and i am comfortable with buying this car.

I suggest getting a beater for them to go out  and bang up a bit until they get some experience.

A beater because you are going to experiment with it. Do INSANE THINGS with it. To get the "pss & vinegar" out of your system.  It is a GUY THING.  After you go through the experience of wrapping it around a utility pole spending weeks in the hospital recovering - you MAY be healthy enough to operate a wheel chair or you are on a gurney for the rest of your life.  Schit happens.  Or you get lucky and only BLOW THE MOTOR A FEW TIMES (MEGA $$)

.  Then you "mellow out" after that with "Been dare dun dat"

• F

Depends what level of your game you’ve got to. Dream on!

Dream on TROLLBOY. Don't take the bait folks. 

• garry

do you know how to work on them ...dream on troll ...lol

personally I wouldn't let my kid buy either of them until he had a year of experience driving. That being said if it's your own money I'd buy the Impala. 

Why not both? Its all make believe anyway.

What if he wants something cool like a '77 Citroen?

I say get the Chevy.

• Ron

f off troll boy