Why is my computer showing but not what I'm doing on my roku tv connected to laptop?

I connected my chromebook to a roku smart tv with hdmi  and my homescreen shows but not what websites I'm going on or what I'm doing I'm trying to watch a movie from my Chromebook. and I tried another hdmi port and it didn't work.

Chromebook or laptop are not monitors and connecting Roku to Chromebook will do nothing (HDMI port on Chromebook is output not input)

I  used TV to work with Roku.I think Roku  work with tvs

• Matt

you have to switch to mirrored dual monitor, 

Show your Chromebook screen on your monitor

1) At the bottom right, select the time.

2)Select Settings .

3)In the "Device" section, select Displays.

4)Select Mirror Built-in Display. This option will appear when your monitor is connected.

if this doesn't work, restart your computer, if it automatically does not come up after restart try the above steps again 

also you have to switch the input on the TV to the hdmi input you are using, this will be able to be done on the TVs remote, if you are using a universal remote it may not be able to be done from there, you will have to get the TVs remote or there may be buttons on the TV itself