Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 1 month ago

At what age do you allow children to use social networks?

I DON'T allow children to use social networks. Ever. When they are old enough to be on their own, hold down a job and pay for their own internet and their own devices then they can use social media. Until then, not on my dime. Children are at an unbelievable risk being allowed to access sites that they are just not emotionally or intellectually ready to deal with. 

I didn't get into social media until a lot older, but I think 13+ or whatever the age requirement for the app is should be sufficient. If they're just watching youtube or looking at things on the internet, I wouldn't say there's an age requirement, but there are certain laws for actually posting things on the internet. Just follow the COPPA law and as long as they are within the age requirement for the site or app, it should be fine. 

age 31............................