Annie asked in SportsBoxing · 1 month ago

Conor McGregor is obsessed with fighting Khabib the Champ again, but will Conor ever be the same fighter he was again?

After that loss Khabib isn’t going to take him seriously, which is a shame because Conor had all the tools to defeat poirier but was too disrespectful towards him. I’m a huge Conor fan but this could be three straw that breaks the camels back. He’ll probably do Diaz III and retire. Huge shame 

No, McGregor won't ever be the same again.

• Adam

I think the thing to ask is was he ever a top rank fighter on ability or was it always his mouth that got him into positions his ability couldn't match. To me he's always seemed that 7 or 8/10 fighter with a 12/10 mouth. Had he dedicated himself to MMA he may have been top rank but he allowed the distractions to get the better of him. I don't think he will ever be elite level. If he has sense, he will take easy money fights going forward.