i am scared of moving. ?

i am a african american that has been going to a predominantly white and mexican school. no black people. i’ve been going there for about 7 years now. it’s taken a huge toll on my self esteem and my confidence. now i’m moving to new jersey and i’m scared that it will be different because most of the kids will be black. but i’m so used to going to school with the white kids. i feel like i will be out of place. please help and give me tips. 

Favorite Answer

I understand why this is scary but think of it as a new chapter in your life. It might be a little hard at first (changing schools is never easy) but this can be a chance to grow! 

Just be yourself, it sounds cliche but it really does work. Good luck on your move and stay safe and healthy! 

stop worrying.  you'll be easily accepted.  Who knows, you might even be a star student there .,..

• God

I think I would just keep to my self for awhile and observe other students behavior.  Your old school wasn't a good environment.  Look at the bright side.  Maybe this will be better.  LLAP