Pawel asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 1 month ago

What is "White Privilege", I wonder why all whites are thrown into one sack labelled "racist"? when there were also some whites who helped?

I wonder why all whites are thrown into one sack labeled "racist", when there were also some whites who helped people of a different complexion or religion, such as Jews, of course, there were also anti-Semites, but this was not what I wanted to write about.

I used to correspond with a native Kenyan, a Catholic, most of the inhabitants of Kenya are Christians, most of whom are Protestants, most of us Poles are Catholics.

At one time, Poland, Hungary, the Czech Republic and Slovakia were under the fire of criticism for refusing to accept "refugees from Syria" which had as much in common with Syria as North Korea with human rights ;-)

We were accused of racism as a Pole, when we had nothing against other races, and we never did, anyway, for example, Poles fought on the side of slaves in the Haitian uprising, and anyway, uprisings and rebellions are Polish national specialities

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_Haitians

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1619_Jamestown_craft...

We also do not have against other religions, hardly anyone knows but in Poland there is quite a lot of Vietnamese refugees from the First and Second Indochina War (the latter is more known in the west as the Vietnam War :-)

The Soviet Union took part and distributed the rest among the countries of the former Comecon (Eastern Bloc)

My countrymen have nothing against other religions, as long as they are not Muslim, although we like Turks in Poland because Turkey was a secular state

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

There is no such thing as white privilege. It is a provocative political term used by the extreme Left to attack a whole race of people based on a characteristic that they didn't choose. Which is the very definition of racism, but these idiots don't believe you can be racist against white people. Look up 'critical race theory' and prepare to lose brain cells reading the insane bat$hit crazy stuff these Marxists believe. Meanwhile, the majority of people who have some degree of brain function believe you should judge people on their character, and not the colour of their skin.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

'What is "White Privilege", I wonder why all whites are thrown into one sack labelled "racist"'

You have misunderstood what white privilege is.

People who believe they are able to (or should) "help" because they are white, is an example of privilege. 

It is not specifically racism, but is the product of racism, the idea that, as a white person, you possess some ability which enables you to perform a task that anyone could perform; or that you possess a superiority because you are white-skinned. It might not even be a conscious thought but it is still patronising.

• larry1
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

'White privilege' is a 'political term' recently made up in the US meaning... non white people jealous of white people. 

In America the white people got here to settle 1st, they settled the country, made the country, made the government and make up a majority of the population today. So, white people naturally have most of the stuff in the US...most of the money, most of the political offices, most of the businesses, most of the population etc. Non white Americans want to cut into that and get a bigger share for themselves.

So, they make up terms like 'white privilege' to try to convince white Americans that white Americans don't really deserve what they have.  

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

white privilege n.

inherent advantages possessed by a white person on the basis of their race in a society characterized by racial inequality and injustice (it's in the dictionary).

It's absurd to deny the existence of white supremacists who think they deserve more because of their skin color. These are also people likely to deny the existence of white privilege because admission one is racist is counterproductive. Racism developed to be far more covert ... expressed by "wink and a nod", dog whistles etc.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

There is no such thing as "White Privilege". It is a piece of nonsense used by Left-Wing, woke lowlifes and really means not going along with the current pressure for Black Privilege. It seems that if you treat everyone the same you are now a racist.

• 1 month ago

White privilege is a racist term used by social justice warriors to advance their sick politically correct views.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.