Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

I don't like when people use my toilet?

Live in a flat. Have one bathroom/ toilet.I hate it when workmen/ mobile hairdressers/ cleaning staff etc want to use my toilet. They could nose around my toiletries or pee on my toothbrush out of spite.get the f How do I say no? Usually I say the toilet isn't working but is there anything else I can say. 

Guys please be respectful of other people's space esp if you are a contractor, you are not a guest! I also have cleaners/ workmen/ mobile hairdressers 'demand' coffee on a 2 hour job - I don't want to make it for them and clean up afterwards and then usually after a coffee they want to use the toilet too ffs. 

How can I just best tell them 'please just do your job as quickly as possible and get the Fock out of my flat?' thanks =)

Favorite Answer

Before they arrive, piss all over the seat. If they come back again they will make a point of not using your bathroom.

• ?

No workman has ever asked to use my toilet unless they've spent two or three hours in the house, and know they're going to be here another couple of hours. And I would never dream of refusing them.

You are paranoid. Put your toothbrush and meds away in a locked cupboard; but remember that very few tradesmen have time to be poking around in cupboards. They want to get on with the job, get paid, and move along to the next job.

As for drinks, if a workman is in my house for longer than 45 minutes or an hour, I always offer a cup of tea or instant coffee. Usually they say No thanks, as (see above) they want to get finished and move on. If they accept, I just make the tea or coffee, put a bag of sugar and a bottle of milk out, and say "Help yourself".

How big an effort is that? It's  nothing; it spreads good will; and next time you need them for a lengthy tedious job they'll come right away.

You should say when hiring that you are uncomfortable with strangers in your home, especially in your bathroom. Let them know up-front. 

In the words of Fred Flinstone; ‘Just call me hero.’

• ?

First, about the coffee... when the appointment is made, state that your house rule is no eating or drinking outside of your kitchen. If they want a cold beverage or coffee, their is a coffee shop nearby on xyz Street. Then mention that your bathroom is private and not available for their use.

just tell them the truth, that you dont want other people using your bathrm

The simple solution is banning folks from using such zxjq

. . . . . . . . . .

🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳

• drip

I have rarely  had a repair guy or cleaning crew use our bathroom or ask to. I had some painters who were here all day that would need to use the bathroom.    Most  simply are not here long enough.  I never ever had  had any  ask for a drink let alone demand it.

I am over 60. And have a lot of work people in and out of my home.

Hard to believe this is an issue. How long could they be in a small apartment to do work. 

And to think they are going to pee on your toothbrush is just plain odd and weird.

Why lie when you can tell the truth?  Just say, "No, my toilet is not for public use."  It would be helpful if you could then direct them to the nearest public restroom.  As for coffee, you can put a price on it:  If you want me to make coffee for you, that will cost $xx per cup."  That should stop them asking again.

If you are truly comfortable with not wanting strangers using your toilet nor making them coffee, simply tell them your toilet is off limits and they can bring their own coffee.