Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureRoyalty · 1 month ago

Do you think if Prince Charles apologised for the way he treated Diana (his affair etc) the public would take to him more?

Favorite Answer

No, ANY apology from him would be insincere. He saw it as his right, to dupe Diana into marriage, and then dump her after she had fulfilled her duties of providing an heir and spare. His specious "apology" to the Church meant absolutely NOTHING! He had already told his mother, The Queen, that what ever happened, his relationship with his mistress was "non negotiable". He cared nothing for what ANYONE else felt.

Diana is not the innocent many people think. She was a victim don’t get me wrong, but she was no angel either. 

• Clo

Charles may very well have privately apologized to Diana for all we know. They were certainly good friends in the end, after the divorce was settled.

Charles and Camilla publicly confessed and atoned for their sins during the blessing ceremony of their marriage. It seems that God can forgive them, but certain biased people can not, having a need to be judgmental. Some people just don't like Charles, the monarchy, so even if things had gone well for Charles and Diana, they would still find reasons to dislike Charles, and also Diana. And these people were not part of the private lives of Charles, Diana, Camilla... this personal matter is a private matter and it is not up to anyone not directly involved to judge.

As someone who hated  Diana from day one I certainly am on Charles side. It was his Mother who made him marry Diana just to get heirs when Charles saw Camilla as the love of his life. Diana should have accepted things as they were and not mess about with other men and not wear her seat belt.

• The public doesn't take to Prince Charles precisely because he isn't the kind of man who thinks he needs to apologise for anything. He has the most amazing sense of entitlement and privilege; he cares nothing for what anyone thinks of him. 

Most people take the blessing at his second marriage as near as he will get to it. 

If people don't accept that, they won't accept anything. I doubt he feels he needs to apologize to anyone not involved in the marriage, no matter how entitled they may feel.

As usual an anonymous Laura answer saying Diana "put herself about quite a bit" while deliberately omitting that Charles was the first one to have an affair. To answer no, a phoney apology wouldn't matter because he didn't think he was wrong, it's just how that family normally acts, weird. Who would he be apologising to anyway, the person he wronged is dead.

What has he got to appoliges for apart from the fact the greater majority of people have forgotten all about it because of how long ago it happen there is also the fact that Diana wasn't exactly innocent as she liked to put herself about quite a bit 

I first met him in person when he was 16 he was a dork and Nothing has changed

His mother told him to Apologize to us ground crew who were called out from our homes on the Queens Flight all we Got was My Mother said i must apologize for being a Nuisance still waiting for the Apology

I bet my 8 thumbs down are septic tanks who have no idea what the Queens Flight is

Remember Charles said to Diana  "do you expect me to be the only Prince of Wales not to have a Mistress"

sorry charles yes I do and as an English Man have no respect for the Royal dork

• ?

He and Camilla already 'confessed to their sins' at the Blessing after their civil marriage.    And it takes two to tango too - this was an arranged marriage and clearly shouldn't have happened as it turns out.   Some arranged marriages do work, but more often than not, they don't.    So no, I don't think it would make any difference because some people can only see fault on his side.

Can't it be left to history - how many years ago did all this happen?