Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 month ago

is there any army mos that either dont go to the field or if they do, not often?

i would like to choose a mos that won't interfere too much with my taking online college courses.

so infantry and other combat mos are definitely out the question.

i've heard that mos like 25b goes to the field too and even 42a.

does anyone know of any rmy mos that either dont go to the field or if they do, not often or stay as long (a week at most instead of two weeks or longer)?  thank you

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

There are some MOS's that don't deploy very much because of the MOS's mission, recruiter, etc. Some are temporary duty MOS's and then you go back to your original MOS.

Almost all MOS's go into the field as part of a bigger unit who's mission involves moving into a field environment. There are a few MOS's that don't go into the field very often but there are only a few and they numbers in them are few. Bottom line is that you aren't going to be able to realize your dream.

• david
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Everybody in the army (if not the military) is 11b, except maybe the chaplain corp. That's just the way it goes. If you get into a combat service support MOS, things get less dicey. So long as you're in, however, you're taking your chances. 

Jeffrey can go get bent. If he wants to play 11 bullet catcher for a living, let him. Other people have other plans. 

• 1 month ago

Let me see if I have your question straight..........

You want to join the military?

You want to be trained in a MOS that is easy and doesn't go to the field or deploy?

You want the military to assist you in paying for school?

You want all the privileges and entitlements of service?

But you don't want to spend time in the field?

You don't want to deploy to a combat zone?

You probably don't want to stand watch due to it might interfere with your school time?

You don't want a military job, you want mommie's skirt!

Do the military a giant favor........stay away. You're a loser wanting a free ride off the backs of other servicemembers. 

• 1 month ago

The Army does not let some people sit nice and safe at home while others get deployed over and over.    You may start out with a nice safe MOS but eventually they will cross train you into some combat arms type job and deploy you.   

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Mrsjvb
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You aren’t allowed to take outside classes ntil you have Been at your first duty station a year and are fully qualified in your job

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Join the Salvation Army. They don't.

• Bill-M
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Why don't you join the Air Force?? Then you won't have to worry about going into the field.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.