Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Is the mother Mary a saint and to pray to, or just a woman who birthed Jesus?

Catholics believe they achieved sainthood in the afterlife? And Christian's say you're not supposed to pray to anyone except christ and God?

Please explain. Thanks.

How about prayer candles? 

With Mary?

Or other saints? Quadilupe and judas?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

THE BLESSED MOTHER IS THE NEW EVE AND SHE IS THE QUEEN OF HEAVEN. JESUS IS THE NEW ADAM AND THE KING OF HEAVEN AND EARTH

WE PRAY TO THE BLESSED MOTHER FOR SHE IS OUR MOTHER ALSO. SHE INTERCEDES WITH THE LORD JESUS ON OUR BEHALF. THERE IS NO GREATER INTERCESSOR THAN HER. 

THOSE WHO DO NOT BELIEVE SHE IS THE QUEEN OF HEAVEN ARE MOST LIKELY NON CATHOLICS OR THEY DO NOT KNOW Their OWN RELIGION  

• 1 month ago

Mary is a nice Jewish girl, but she's not the queen of heaven.  Just a woman who was good enough to raise the son of God.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Jesus taught us we can ask Mary's intercession/pray to her when he performed his first miracle because his mother asked him to help the hosts of the wedding at Cana.  

Mary birthed God the Son as God and Man  --  she is not "just a woman"!

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Nobody should be "praying to Mary".  And the Bible makes it clear that every believer in the Lord Jesus Christ is a saint.  I am a saint.  Catholic beliefs lead to torments in hell because they add works to salvation (and "purgatory" doesn't exist).  So catholic is not Christian, so get completely away from those catholic beliefs.  Here is what you need to believe:  Death leads to immediate heaven or hell, and it is too late to be saved, after death.  To be in heaven and not hell, believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, who is God and who died on the cross and shed His blood to pay for all of our sins in full, and who was buried, and who resurrected from the dead.  The only way to avoid hell is by believing in the Lord Jesus Christ, without adding any of your own works.  See Romans 4:5, 1 Corinthians 15:3-4, and John 3:16.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Scripture identifies all Christians as saints actually.

God had specific reasons for choosing Mary to birth his Son, but it had little to do with Mary herself, aside from being a devout observant Jew. There were many such women then.

Mary called herself a sinner and identified God as her Savior. Mary should never be venerated for her flesh, and she cannot hear prayers. Nor does God hear prayers made to or through Mary. No one but God hears and answers prayers. 

• Nous
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Thou shall have no other gods! Exodus 20:2-3, Exodus 23:13, Exodus 23:24, Exodus 23:32, Exodus 34:14.

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And showing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments. (Exodus 20:4-6)

Deuteronomy 27:15

`Cursed is the man who makes an idol or a molten image, an abomination to the LORD, the work of the hands of the craftsman, and sets it up in secret.' And all the people shall answer and say, `Amen.'

So it matters not whether Mary and the Saints are worshiped as gods, idols, intermediaries or anything else it still goes against God's direct orders!

• Misty
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Mary, like Jesus, never existed.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

This is what Jesus said about Mary.

While He was still talking to the multitudes, His mother and brothers stood outside, wanting to speak with Him. 

Someone said to Him, “Your mother and Your brothers are standing outside, wanting to speak with You.” He answered “Who is My mother and who are My brothers?” 

He stretched out His hand toward His disciples and said, “Here are My mother and My brothers! For whoever does the will of My Father in heaven is My brother and sister and mother.”

• 1 month ago

Mary is just another woman that the Lord used to bring Jesus from glory into this world as a baby.

Catholics have wrongly venerated her which is totally wrong as the whole focus is to be on the Lord Jesus and no one else.

Catholics pray to who they describe as saints however, a saint is a living person and not some one who they decided to venerate after their death. Scripture clearly tells us that there is only one moderator between man and God, Jesus Christ the righteous. 

Source(s): King James Bible, Bible teacher
  • Harry
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Jesus taught we pray to His and our Father Prayer is a priviledge that Jehovah has given us  He alone hear our prayers That is why we pay attention to what Jesus said in prayer to His Father John Chapt 17 For Jehovah to hear our prayer they must be delivered in Jesus name (He mediates between The Holy One and imperfect mankind and our prayer must be in harmony with His will If two oppossing kings prayed for victory He wont listen Gen 9;6 Mary had other children Jesus being her eldest son Mt 13;55-58 John 2;12 it distinguish his siblings from his disciples 1st Cor 9;5

Source(s): bible
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.