• Dan
    Lv 5
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Because the mailman needs a day off too

• susan
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Sunday is supposed to be a day of rest, and even the mailman needs a day off woek. 

• 1 month ago

The USPS has to have SOME day off - but in my area it feels like they actually do deliver on Sunday if they feel like it - unless I'm just simply checking it late and forgetting.

One could cite the whole American Evangelical thing as the tradition being behind that idea but I could swear I've seen USPS trucks on Sundays and found mail on Sundays but... my concept of days and time aren't great these days. 

• Asep
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Ask God.         

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

1) Traditionally businesses have been closed on Sunday. Google "Blue laws." While the post office isn't a business it has followed the same tradition. 

From wikipedia: 

In the United States, the U.S. Supreme Court has on numerous occasions held blue laws as constitutional, citing secular bases such as securing a day of rest for mail carriers,

2) It would be impractical. Seven day mail delivery would require two people per route which would effectively double the number of employees. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Why do you believe that to pluralize Sunday you must insert an apostrophe before the S at the end?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Because...Even God rested  on Sundays.  It is a day to relax for most people.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

The mailman doesn't deliver then

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.