Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 1 month ago

How can we sell our house faster?

My family and I are trying to sell our house faster. We are hoping to be able to sell it sometime by june or july. What are some things we can do to get it sold faster ? I'd greatly appreciate any help I can get.

Make sure it is priced correctly and lower the price quickly, as needed.  On top of the price, make sure it is clean and looks nice and all the other stuff, but really price is the key.  Almost anything will sell quickly at the right price, but making the place clean and nice assures the right price is still as high as you can reasonably get.

Price it correctly, stage it well, fix small easy to fix items that will help curb appeal.

• Barry

Talk to a property auctioneer.

Lower the price.

When my brother and I were selling our deceased mother's house, we found that the people that came for showings really appreciated that it was move-in ready.  We had the interior walls and exterior painted, replaced the roof, had the carpets stretched and cleaned, serviced the heating and AC, made sure the plumbing and electrical were in tip-top shape, replaced the back deck, installed new exterior lighting, and purchased a new dishwasher, range and over-the-range microwave.  All buyers had to do was move in their furniture and supply a refrigerator and washer and dryer.  We made sure the lawn was always mowed and did a minimum of landscaping.  We also had the house appraised and consulted with a former realtor to determine a price for the house.  The house sold (for full asking price--CASH) 2 months after we placed it on the market.

However, the couple that purchased the house decided they missed their grandchildren on the west coast and placed the house for sale only 2 months after moving in.  They in turn sold it within a week of putting it on the market.