Men are more likely to listen to authority?

I heard from a friend that men are more likely than women to listen to authority. He said he read an article about it online but I can’t find it anywhere. Do you think this is true?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

True.  That’s why the term “Karen” exists.  

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Every study ever done on the matter proves that men, especially young men, are far more likely to challenge authority than are women. This is why more women vote for big government and why in the libertarian world men outnumber women considerably. 

• Elana
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Pure conjecture.

I think men are more likely to stop thinking about moral implications of orders (and gleefully execute mayhem), but that women generally try to adhere to "what is done", and if the norm is to follow some regime, that's what they'll generally do.

Men break things - sometimes that's a good thing.  Sometimes that's a bad thing.

However, you need to break things occasionally to make progress.

There is good in the balance between what men more frequently do and what women more frequently do.

It does not pay to have the precious resource of wombs experimenting with new social models, but it does not pay to have nobody tinkering with them as otherwise, society cannot find better and better models.

"normalcy" and "experimentation" are BOTH precious.  They certainly aren't solely the province of one gender or the other but they do tend to stick.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I would say... no. Since y’all are in jail a lot more lol 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

A prison guard told me the difference. Men obey 95% of the time. 5% they’re animals.

Women low level whine and fuss about everything but never get to the point of men

• 1 month ago

Perhaps that’s true under certain circumstances, but men are typically less agreeable and more dominant than women, which makes them less likely to obey authority.

• Bill
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No. Men are more likely to be independent thinkers and less likely to follow the crowd. When the chain of command breaks down it doesn't do so by women defying the command, but by men defying the command. If your statement was true then men would be less likely to commit crimes, but as it stands men are more likely to commit all crimes. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.