Why is LGBT allowed to have their Lifestyle in Video games and movies (like Assassins Creed) but yet God is not allowed near anything?

I am not a religious person but I find it completely wrong that one is allowed and the other is pretty much not allowed near anything, because people feel that God is not allowed in the picture at all. it makes me sick to see America pretty much celebrate one and tell the other to **** off and stay away.

"I am not a religious person..."

Yeah, right. Next question please.

• Mike A

The simple fact is, people are allowed personal choices. Not everyone feels the need to make religion a part of everything they do. Just the same, it's not that "God is not allowed", but more like nobody is legally allowed to force their religion onto groups nowadays. When I was a kid, in the 80s and 90s, I was in public school. At that point, there were still teachers who'd been teaching for decades, who held morning prayer in their classrooms. I personally witnessed a kid being yelled at for "not participating" in morning prayer when he just said he didn't want to pray. The kid actually got sent to the principal's office under the same premise. So when you hear that prayer isn't allowed in school, it refers to teachers and faculty not being allowed to proselytize or force their religious practices on students in a non-religious setting. But if a group of students wanted to pray, the school has no right to stop them. Teachers and faculty could potentially participate, but could not lead said prayer. 

In other parts of life, video games, music, TV and movies are made by who they are made by. I have seen religious video games, though admittedly not in a long time. It really comes down to demand. There are religious comics, religious role playing games similar to D&D, musical groups of every genre who sing about religion and there are lots of things to watch that will spread messages. But those types of entertainment are going to make many people feel like they are still at church. 

Mostly, it comes down to people not wanting to be forced to listen to someone else's beliefs. Consider how you would feel if this was being played in a public place. To some people, I am sure this is a beautiful love song about their religion. Others, such as myself find it uncomfortable to listen to and usually skip the song with a "WTF?" reaction https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HLF9a1UF6Y

Youtube thumbnail

&ab_channel=TheRoyalavery

And that's the best advice I can give. 

Because LGBT have the distinct advantage of continuing to exist - even after you stop believing in them.

Okay well Bayonetta literally has a witch going to hell and then punching God in the face

Dante's inferno literally takes place in hell and has actual scriptures in the game.

There are a lot of video games that have many different types of gods in them and then of course you have American gods a show.

You have the movies that literally are just biblical things put on the screen.

So yeah both individuals are allowed to be seen everywhere

• T J

One is real, the other is fantasy.

People can put religion in what they want. There are religious movies and video games. 

You think America hates religion? 73% of Americans are religious. 

There is no governing body controlling content, that would be a violation of the First Amendment and freedom of speech. But content is driven by business and what sells. Religious-oriented content exists, just ask Kirk Cameron. But is it popular enough and profitable enough to make a significant impact on the marketplace? At first glance, no. Beyond that, whose religion gets promoted? With well over 200 Christian denominations alone in the US, which Biblical interpretation goes into your game? 

• Sky

People are perfectly allowed to put their god or Santa Claus or whatever other mythological being into movies, TV shows, and video games.  That's why it's called fiction.  LGBT people are put into such mediums because they reflect the reality of the world's population, and to have nothing but straight cisgender casts and characters is as unrealistic as always having all-white casts.  You must be an extraordinary level of stupid to think people can't put their god into anything.

"but yet God is not allowed near anything?"

Complete bull sh*t.

• Liss

First of all, not true, there is plenty of media that include God or religion. Maybe not video games so much because what would a religious video game even be??? And second straight, cisgender people make up the majority of representation in media. Lgbt representation is small, it just feels like a lot because it used to be nonexistent in media. But as lgbt people became more accepted they started getting representation in media more.