Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsWrestling · 1 month ago

how come wrestlers during my childhood looked like larger than life characters compared todays wrestlers?

Today's wrestlers look whimpy compared to the likes of Sting, Bret, Goldberg, Taker, The Rock, DDP the list can go on.

Now they all look the same. No one is unique. during WWf vs WCW wars it was so well balanced.

Now with AEW and WWE I see no difference. No one is really that appealing. Exception to Brodie Lee now that he's gone I have no reason to watch AEW.

Back in the day when certain individuals were champion I viewed them as something special but now its like if they are champion it doesn't matter.

Babylon on seven hills = Moscow.

Whore of Babylon = Church that worked for Commies (Sergian heresy).

Orthodoxy = the only true faith.

70 million were murdered.

Babylonian captivity = 73 year captivity.

3 year Apocalypse was served in Russia under miniantichrist Lenin.

Commies will officially come back; then China attacks Russia; then WW3; then resurrected saint Seraphim of Sarov shows new Ruski Orthodox Tsar; this tsar will slay traitors inside church and gov't. If there are 300 bishops, then 297 will be executed while 3 will be left to live.

Ecumemism = all religions getting together to praise Satan = 263 heresies.

Modern documents are from Satan; burn them.

To escape mark of the beast, hide within a small group (10-15 people); no documents; no electronics so that you won't be tracked.

Alaska will be Russian like Kaliningrad is. So, hide in Russia's north (a little bit away from coasts because of manmade tsunamis and H2S stinkjob). So like 500 km away from Moscow because it will sink. If you're in America, migrate to Russian Alaska (away from coasts).

Again: no electronics once you hid because antichrist will be shown on broken unplugged TV set from 1970s because of Tesla's ether; forgive me.

Source(s): Rapper Kanye West tweeted that vaccine = mark of the beast. Vaccine (with chip) is so bad; plz, don't take it. Rapper Kanye West said that vaccine = mark of the beast. He runs with the devils at the top; he knows what's up. Chip in the vaccine.
  • Candle

I feel like there's a lot to unpack here, some of which is true while the rest is nostalgia goggles.  

Why do wrestlers look 'whimpy' these days compared to back then? one word, and it's the word that's kept a lot of them alive into their 40's because they've abstained from using said one word: that word being of course "steroids".  Outside of maybe DDP, I think everyone on your list has confirmed at one point or another that they had done steroids, and looking at all of those names it's not surprising that the one person within that mix who didn't take them was DDP.  The guy wasn't in bad shape by any means, but his muscle looked way more natural and lean.

As for seeing no 'difference' in WWE and AEW talent, I'd argue that there are a plethora of gimmick-driven characters with different looks in AEW.  Even in WWE you have gimmicks like The Fiend,  New Day, and a lot of talented and athletic big men in Braun Strowman, Keith Lee, Diajakovic (or whatever his Retribution name is), and more.  If your qualm is 'no one's big anymore', then that's simply untrue.  Even AEW has Luchasaurus, Wardlow, Jake Hager, Lance Archer, Will Hobbs, and Brian Cage.  They even have Sting, so I don't get why you'd tune out if he was one of your favorites.

As for the worth and make of champions in this era of wrestling, one could argue that most hold it longer than most people during the Attitude Era in WCW or WWF/E.  Did the reigns feel bigger? yeah, because the stars were bigger, and I don't necessarily mean that in a physical proportion sort of way.  Wrestlers spoke for themselves, helped shape their identities, and seemed to have some healthy level of control or say in how they were booked.  WWE wrestlers don't have that luxury today.

• Adam

The market has switched. The hardcore fanbase at wrestlings peak was very small and they really catered to the 18-35 demographic. Their tastes at the time demanded over the top overly sexualised crash tv. If you look at other shows around that era, wrestling was just apart of that. These days things have changed. Also wrestling has got tamer. There's less risk involved. Throw in more awareness of health, top athletes are generally leaner than ever and less willing to take steroids. Also the creative teams have got worse.

On the champion thing, god i agree with that. The title's mean very little now. This is one thing i wish they would change. There should be 1 world title per promotion and that should be the centre piece of the stories. It should be desired. These days it feels like an after thought.