Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationInsurance & Registration · 1 month ago

Please help with car???

I was driving out of my parking lot and i hit a car,  it didn’t look like there was damage in they’re car.   They took a picture of my license plate,  insurance paper and even drivers license. (They were gonna contact in a few days to see what they wanna doo)

My mom tells me i fucke*d up by Giving them my license license.  Ive never been into an accident before,  and im 21.

Did i screw up please help

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

No, you're supposed to give that information

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Someone else has posted another accident in your EXACT style of writing and spelling.  Oddly, there's is a different accident.

You have insurance.  You turn the claim over to your insurance carrier.  THAT'S WHY YOU HAVE INSURANCE.  If you had REFUSED to turn over your information you COULD have been arrested in my State.  What does your mom think not showing your driver's license would prove - or change?

• car253
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Your mom was wrong.    But it really didn't matter if you gave them your driver's license or not.   But that may depend on what state you live in.   

Just report the accident to your auto insurance company and let them handle it.   That is what you pay  them for.   Don't answer any calls from the other guy's insurance or the other party.    Let your auto insurance company call them.   That is what you pay them for.     You did  not screw up.    You did everything the way you were suppose to. 

You did a good job.  You did everything right. 

Source(s): Insurance Agent
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

No. Contact your insurance. When they contact you, get their plate number or name, make & model. Your insurance needs that. Get their driver's license number & name. And, file a police report. If you don't, they'll suspend your license. And, make sure that's the right car.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • May
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Please don't use curse words.  Your Mom is wrong.

Simply either be prepared to pay out of pocket for the damage you caused (foolish) or notify your insurance company of this and let them handle it. (smart)

Their,  not They're

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You are required by law to provide information . . . . most times it is to the police officers who responds.  If no officer, show the other party your insurance card  (which doesn't contain your home address) and jot down or take pic of license plate.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

They did NOT need a photo of your driver's license.  Your driver's license number is information that they did NOT need and would now have because of having a photo of your license.  So - yes - you kind of screwed up but it will probably be a harmless error this time - just don't do it again.  (they also did NOT need your ADDRESS which they now have because of having your driver's license.)

What they DO need is the following info:

Your name

Your Insurance Company information

Your phone number

Taking your plate number is fine.  

YOU should have also gotten the SAME information from them even though the accident was your fault.  YOU would need to make a report with your insurance agent so that they know the call is going to happen about this accident, so reporting who you hit and a little basic information about the accident is YOUR responsibility instead of just waiting to hear from them.  

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Nope.  You are SUPPOSE TO EXCHANGE INFORMATION. They can't use it for anything else than identifying you.   They are not going to contact you, because you can tell them to contact THEIR INSURANCE with the information they got.  Their insurance will contact your insurance to inform them that you have been involved in a head shaker.(no damage) so NO MONEY WILL BE PAID OUT.  If he split hot coffee on his lap, then he has to buy another Starbucks.  He is wearing the other one.

.  I don't care if you were 31,41,51,61.  It really does not matter.

Read your "driver's training manual"  All info is in there and you were suppose to know this book from cover to cover.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No you did the right thing.That's what your suppose to do.Your mom is wrong.

• 1 month ago

i would just do what they ask you to do

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.