Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

Should I kick my daughter out of my house?

My 23 y.o. daughter lives at home with us and has a new boyfriend, who I highly dislike, he’s very rude and disrespectful.  He called me a ***** the other day because I told him I did not want him on my property.  He also has three kids with three different women and he does not support his children at all.  When I came home from work one day I caught my daughter and her boyfriend in her room, when I specifically told her she could not do that.  I took her phone and her car keys away because she does not seem to respect the rules.  I’m tired of her disrespecting me and acting like a defiant teenager.  I want her out of my house but I do not want to ruin my relationship with her.

Get rid of her as soon as you can, this will only get worse.

you should kick her out of the house even if you talked to her and she still defieant then  a taste of reality is the best way to snap someone out of it

That's your house she's 23 years old kick her out obviously she has no respect for you and she obviously has no respect for herself as a woman if that's the kind of man that she dates if your daughter stays on track with him she'll be having a kid and that kid we having no father get rid of both of them their garbage

Every time you hear his name just call him a dead beat dad. I would take everything you provide to that daughter for sure. Car keys, phone, computer. It's too late to put her in boot camp now so I'd sit her down and have a talk. Give her an ultimatum, or you can try talking to her in a genuine way. I like watching the worlds strictest parents or the nanny 

its your house, she is 23, but she lives in your house and I assume you are her primary  source of support.

You have the right to control who comes in and out of your house and if your daughter has been that disrespectful to you, you don't have a relationship with her anyway. She is using you for a door mat.

Just make sure all of your valuables are locked away and have a trusted friend or relative there when you tell her, if possible line up a reasonable and safe apartment for her and pay her deposit so you can safely remove her from your home on the same day you tell her she has to go.. but always have a reliable witness present when you tell her she has to go. 

By having an apartment ready for her you can remove her the same day  you are ready for her to go and you are giving her another chance to get it together, you are not throwing her into the street. She has proven she cannot be trusted and that she has no intentions of ever respecting you or your home. That's her fault so never feel guilty for doing what you have to do.

If she won't get a job and has trouble paying her rent she will learn what type of loser she has been boinking, but it will not be your fault if she lands in the street.  Don't let her lay guilt trips on you to come back..  Hopefully she is using the pill and won't be producing another unsupported child with her loser boyfriend.

Totally up to you

Forget about ruining the relationship--that's already ruined. Your daughter is 23--and she is an adult. That means she is allowed to make her own choices, whether or not you agree with them. I do think she needs to move into her own place, but if she's not able to do that, and you are willing to let her stay there, that's fine--however--you can't "take away  her phone" or tell her who she can or cannot date. 

You may also prohibit any human being on earth from coming into your home. so what you do is tell your daughter that she's on her own as far as who she dates, but that her current boyfriend is not permitted to come to your home--so she may want to find herself a place of her own if she continues to see him. And for crying out loud--she's NOT a defiant teenager--she's a grown woman. You need to accept that fact. Like it or not, these are HER choices to make and her mistakes to make. 

Just keep her boyfriend out.  Tell your daughter he may not be on your property.  Let your daughter be with him without you around.

I am 23 I live at home, I help pay the bills as my mom is single and on disability due to an accident, I work with her as we have own a family business, there is no age requirement when you need to move out, it depends, if you get along, help each other out financially, etc. I have a bf but my mom likes him. Plus I respect her rules.

maybe you should kick her boyfriend out