Jasmine asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 month ago

Need contraception from surgery i am not registered at. NHS?

With the new lockdown in the UK i stayed home after the christmas break finished. Since I moved away from home for Uni i had to register with a new GP, so I am no longer with the surgery in the town I am in at the moment.

I am only a few days away from my pill running out and I was wondering if I can request it despite no longer being registered at this practice? My mum seems to think it'll be okay because it is contraception, I am just a bit worried and I am wondering if i should just buy it instead because i have researched that pharmacies near me do sell it, it'll just put me out a bit because the price isn't cheap.

It's not necessarily urgent due to the circumstances, but it helps with my periods and I dont particularly want to stop and start with contraception because i'll be right back at square one when i started taking it.

If anyone has any insight on whether this is possible that'd be great. Also because I am realising that I am close to finishing my prescription on the weekend and the surgery near me doesn't take calls on the weekend.

Thank You :)

You can ask. 

The worsted that can happen is they will say no but it is likely they will be able to help if an appointment is available.

you can try asking for it