Is cerebral palsy inherited in my case?

My older sister had cerebral palsy. Me and my wife are wanting to have children but we are worried if this might affect our baby's health? Is cerebral palsy inherited, can you please help?

CP is a condition characterized by poor muscle control, spasticity, paralysis, and other neurologic deficiencies resulting from brain injury that occurs during pregnancy, during birth, after birth or before the age of 5.

CP isn't a disease, and it isn't progressive. The parts of the brain that control muscle movements are particularly vulnerable to injury in premature and young infants.

Many different  types of injury can cause CP, but most often the cause is unknown. Birth injuries and poor oxygen supply to the brain before, during, and immediately after birth cause 10-15 % of cases.................In your case the answer will be NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Source(s): nurse

No,  it is not inherited,  it is not genetic.   

CP isn't genetic