Which is more permanent on Glass, modeling glue or nail polish?

I decided to make my own customized chess pieces. So I got a clear glass set for cheap at the local supermarket and decided to paint them. However which works better on glass, nail polish or modeling glue?

eh, modeling paint as for plastic models. lol sorry! My bad.

There is paint especially formulated for glass. Check Michael's and Jo Ann Fabrics.

Nail polish will not remain bonded to glass and plastic paint won't either.

• drip

Do NOT use nail polish.

Go to a craft store, like Michael’s or Hobby Lobby. You want to use an Acrylic enamel paint or enamel paint. Folk Art paint is good to use. Also Americana. There is also Art Deco glass stains.

Maybe try some type of colored spray that is meant for glass. It would make the painting job quicker too.

Might help to scuff the surface of the glass with steel wool first & then pirimer the pieces with multiple light coats of spray enamel first. A laquer based paint might adhere to the glass better.

Neither is going to stay on very well if the chess pieces are handled much, but if it's a choice between only those two things then I'd pick the modeling paint, an enamel one.

There are paints made especially for glass. I have some that can even go through the dishwasher when it's painted on a washable dish.

Glass paint is ideal, modeling glue, not sure which one you mean, would probably chip off.  Nail polish would probably look clumpy and irregular as that is not meant to go over large surfaces