Is there any synonym for propaganda that starts with a M or a translated word where the word propaganda starts with a M. ?

Is there any synonym for propaganda that starts with a M or a translated word where the word propaganda starts with a M. 

Favorite Answer

"Misinformation" is the best. There have been propaganda attempts that have been called "misinformation campaigns." 

I checked on thesaurus.com and never found anything that started with an 'M', but they were all english words, there may be something that has been translated and sorry, I would not be able to find that. 

misinformation

mind-control ?

misleading

a synonym dictionary (the thesaurus part of it) doesn't show any offhand. That doesn't necessarily mean anything definitive.  ...Propaganda does have a purpose, though,  in trying to be 'persuasive speech or reasoning'; but that aside, there could be several m- words, like 'malarkey', which are more in the category of just 'presenting or speaking nonsense'. And to me that's not a true synonym for propaganda...