Why does my VPN tell me that I'm uploading when all my browsers are closed?

Basically the internet is on (ethernet), but I am not using it. All the browsers are closed and I'm not downloading anything but it informs me that my connection is uploading something.

So, in Orthodox Church you have one cup and one spoon for body and blood of Jesus; no one gets sick. Roman Catholics tried one cup one spoon ritual and got sick with Bubonic plague; if heresy enters Orthodox monastery, then its inhabitants will get sick too. COVID measures (closure, disposable cups, disposable spoons, washing spoon in some liquid after each use, masks, etc.) = heresy. Orthodox churches who participated in COVID measures = no longer pure brides of Christ = now they serve Satan; Patriarch Irenaios 1st blessed Catacomb movement more than five years ago; what you need is antimins (remains of saints sewn into a towel), wax candles, one cup and one spoon

Source(s): According to the Last Prophet (aka incarnated ARCHANGEL URIEL aka saint healer VYACHESLAV KRASHENINNIKOV) if the last descendant rejects mark of the beast, then his/her direct ancestors go to permanent heaven. To reject mark of the beast, one needs to hide within a 10-15 people group without electronics/documents. Documents are from Satan; burn them. Electronics can be used to track you and to show the antichrist (even on old broken unplugged TV set from 1970's); reject all vaccines, tests, temperature scans

If you HAD started a download and then closed the browser, it is possible that a "broker" task is still active.  Start up Windows Task Manager and switch it to "Processes", then click in the column header for "Network" to see which process is using your network.  The VPN will have some handshaking now and then due to time-out requirements.  You would see anything else using the network.  (Note that you might have to click more than once in the column header because it's a toggle for sorting ascending or descending.)