Can i use the oil i have left over from using on my motorbike(Suzuki Gsxr750t) to use in my Merc SLK 230?

Am I able to use Castrol power one 4stroke 10w-40[4T] that I have spare from my motorbike for a Mercedes 2002 slk  Its only about half a litre i want to top my Merc as dipper stick shows under halfway level.apparently the oils very similar 

it says slk 230 6quarts oil fully synthetic 10w/40

Another Cheap Charlie.  Get some new oil doofus.

Sure. I've used non det.  straight 30W  in a pinch. Belter than Low oil.

Might wanna Change oil a little sooner than book says for synth.  Like, recc. interval for mineral oil ?

• ?

You should use whatever Mercedes recommend, but as a one off top-up it'll do no harm to use the half litre you have to hand.

you can, but whether is is good for the SLK, I don't know. Can you not read the oil requirements for the SLK?

1/2 litre is going to make virtually no difference.

• Barry

Yes. You have my express permission. It may not be the recommended viscosity but it's better than running short of oil.