? asked in Food & DrinkEthnic Cuisine · 1 month ago

Is Olive Garden the McDonald’s of Italian food ?

I hear people say that Olive Garden is fake Italian food and that most of the food is not authentic is this true ?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • geezer
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Olive Garden is not 'genuine' Italian food .. in the same way that most pizzas made in America taste nothing like a pizza you get in Italy.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

SUBJECTIVE , that maybe SOME peoples  association  or opinion

definition word usage   AUTHENTIC adjective  of UNDISPUTED  " origin " genuine   made to BE  or LOOK like an original

FACTS  according to  olivegarden.com/home  Olive garden is an AMERICAN causal dining restaurant  chain SPECIALIZING  in ITALIAN -AMERICAN cuisine  it is a subsidiary of DARDEN restaurants inc which is head  quarters in orange county Florida  parent org General Mills  founders  Curtis  Dayton  and bill Darden 892 location  GLOBALLY  income of 3.8 BILLION    their closest competition  is  CARRABBA Italian Grill

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Olive garden serves Italian food, regardless of what one says if you like eating there than do it if not don't eat there.

• 1 month ago

If the owner is NOT Italian...it's not an Italian restaurant.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Sbarro is the McDonald's of Italian food.  

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Its americanized pretty heavily. They do have a handful of dishes you could find in Italy, but they honestly don't taste the same. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

More like the Denny's or Shari's of Italian food.    I mean, there's no drive-thru window.   But yes, you're on the right track.

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yeah, pretty much. Although not a fat filled. 

• John
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

And The Old Spaghetti Factory and Buco di Beppo, too. Not far removed from Chef Boyardee.

Oh, we are an Italian family. In San Francisco with North Beach, the Italian district. I've been to Italy 4 times and eaten in 50 restaurants there, and also much fine home cooking by our cousins. The food in question is dog food by comparison, take my word for it. I'm reminded of the mountain of grilled octopus on pasta within a stone's throw of Ponte Vecchio in Florence..........

• 1 month ago

Pretty much. All it serves are dishes made with tomato, basil, and cheese. That’s not all Italian food. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.