What should I add to mashed potatoes?
- Common SenseLv 71 month ago
*When you are ready to mash the potatoes, add a 1/4 to 1/3 cup of chopped onions with some butter and milk.
*Add a heaping tablespoon of Mayonnaise with the milk to make the mashed potatoes creamier.
*If you like horseradish, adda dollup to the mashed potatoes.
* After you mash the potatoes to your liking, Add about 1/2 of a cup of cooked mixed veggies (any frozen carrot and pea blend )
* Grated cheese on top of any mashed potatoe recipe is fantastic. I love Cheddar!
* Salt and pepper, always!
* If using red potatoes, don't peeI the skins off before boiling. Just mash 'em.
* Yukon Gold potatoes are creamy delicious When mashed !
* You could add bacon bits ontop of mashed upotatoes witha dollup of sour cream.
* If you like ranch dressing, top it over any chosen mashed potato recipe.
* When I am feeling lazy, I microwave a whole potato and place it in a shallow bowl and cut it up. Then, add salt, pepper and milk. Fork it a bit and its ready to eat --- skin and all! Half baked and half mashed!
* Make Sheppard's pie. Sautee ground beef with onions and flavor with garlic, salt and pepper and one of these: Worcestershire Sauce or Soy Sauce or A-1 Sleak Sauce. make mashed potatoes anyway you like. And, you will need a can of corn. In a caserole dish layer the bottom w/ mashed potatoes, then a layer of beef, then a layer of corn. Repeat layers until the ingredients are used up. Comfort food to the max!
- GBLv 51 month ago
It makes strong tasting vegetables like spinach or brussell sprouts more palatabe, which is useful if you have children.
- garryLv 61 month ago
chopped onions , are chopped brocholii or plain chopped whats that green herb called , has a mental block ..ohh yes chopped parsley . or a onion gravy . you can add cheese or white sauce ..
- FLv 71 month ago
Aside from the basic butter and milk, a small amount of mustard.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- geezerLv 71 month ago
Grated Cheese .. but the mashed potato has to be HOT so that the cheese melts.
- Nikki PLv 71 month ago
garlic. You can roast it or cook it with the potatoes it will soften and get milder.
cheese. Add grated cheese or you can add a soft cheese that is flavored like Boursin.
Keep it simple but add cream rather than m ilk and lots of butter.
Most important do not forget to salt the water you cook the potatoes in. Add salt and pepper when mashing.
Do not over cook the potatoes or they get water logged. Use a combination of waxy and starchy or use the Gold ones like Youkan Gold.
- RichardLv 71 month ago
Be sure to add an appetite.
- kswck2Lv 71 month ago
Roasted garlic and fresh chives.
- 1 month ago
Cheese and/or minced garlic.
- Anonymous1 month ago