Trey asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

My dog woke up coughin?

My 3 year old English Staffy woke up coughin a few times, should I be concerned?

• Rita
    1 week ago

Lung disease – Pneumonia. A cough which sounds wet or is productive can mean there is a build of fluid in the lungs, often caused by infection. If the infection is bacterial your dog may be given a course of antibiotics by the vet. Kennel cough – this is one of the most common causes of coughing in dogs.

My pitties only cough up other dogs fur sometimes after a kill. Especially furry dogs like Spitz breeds or shepherd collies etc. Pitties are awesome can kill anything and everything.

• *****

If it's just an isolated incident, your dog is fine. If it continues on a regular basis, you should consult a veterinarian. 

trey keep him off the ciggies ffs

if it continues through the day yes

There are several reasons a dogs coughs.  Could be heartworms, kennel cough, something in the throat, & other reasons only a Vet would know.  If is was just a few coughs, it was probably just clearing his throat.  If the coughing goes on & on I would have the dog checked by a Vet.

Watchful, yes.  It could something minor (like something caught in his throat) or could be kennel cough or even dog flu, depending on where you live & what other dogs, he has been exposed to - or that have come by your yard and/or fencing.

• Maxi

Only you know if you should be concerned or not.... something stuck in its throat, kennel cough or an allergy oor nothing.time will twl if you need to contact the vet or not