Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 month ago

What would you do?

My mother-in-law just took a job in the school district. Our schools just went back to in person since the start of pandemic.  She retired from her ft job, but says she's bored. I have a 3 yr old & 3month old & we've been very cautious & haven't left the house basically since the start. So do we cut off contact with her now that she has maximum exposure? We've been healthy & safe this whole time...why would she put us in this position?

• Foofa
    Favorite Answer

Two months ago she'd have likely been the only one in this equation truly vulnerable to a bad reaction to the primary strain of the virus. But the new mutations are causing complications even with younger people. So it would probably we worth at least masking and maintaining distance if you have to see her. 

All in all i see her as the selfish one, she does not need to work at this time.  Now she will not get to see her grandkids for this selfish choice.

She didn't put you in any position, stop being nosy & selfish!.

• T J

I would not let her near my family