Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

What's wrong with me? ?

I a 22 yrs old student majoring in Biology. For some reason, I have found myself unable to study.  When this year began I thought I will get better at disciplining,  myself, however, I got worse. Each night I will tell myself I will do better the next morning but I never do. Even though I do assignments, I do them recklessly. It's not only that, I haven't been doing simple things like checking my emails. All I want to do is watch videos and go on social media because they are my safe place. Every day I feel mixed emotions like sadness, scared, angry at myself, disappointment, hopeless. All this starts when I start to think about school and my future. I am taking chem and physics class and my brain can't even stand to read one paragraph. I feel like I have lost control over my life and lost my dream. I do not have passion or goal. I know I sound like a weak-minded person. I feel like I don't deserve this life that my parent has provided me and I feel bad complaining like this when there are people who are going through a lot right now. I am old enough to be responsible but I am not. Is this normal? What should I do? Why am I feeling like this? Someone pls help me? 

You probably suffer from some form of ADHD honestly zxjqb

. . . . . . . . . .

🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳

You aren't weak, this is fairly normal. You may experiencing depression, burn out, or ADHD. I would speak to a doctor or therapist if you can't sort it out and get out of the spiral by yourself

You are spiraling downwards. When you fail your classes you will have crashed. Reality will have to be faced. Take stock now.

You're feeling this because you don't want to study at uni, your soul and heart and mind want you to get out in the world and experience reality, and fun, and productive activity, and love, and money.

But it's hard to do that when statists of both parties are raping the economy, so you are stuck where you don't want to be.

Maybe you just hit a lug. If you focus you can start to retain that knowledge you so desperately need. Right now all our focus' are spread thin. Hopefully. Pray-fully we can get back on track and get on up the road of life.

• OTTO

You are spiraling downwards. When you fail your classes you will have crashed. Reality will have to be faced. Take stock now. What do you need to do to pass your classes? Is there still time? The only real hope you have is to ask a higher power for help. It is the last chance. Find a higher power you can believe in, ask for help, then leave the results up to your higher power. If you fail, that will be what is meant to be. Your will power has failed. Only a power greater than yourself can save you now.

don't put so much pressure on yourself

don't overthink.

if you have so much in mind you can't be able to think properly.stop worrying about the future. Nobody knows about the future.things don't always fall according to how we planned them. If you can't focus, try to pause and relax.As we grow older, we realize what really our goal in life is.If you have important things that need to be done, I suggest you stay away from social media. It will just consume your time and distracts you from the things that you need to do.

from how you described it's not clear if you have a depression that makes you think that you have mistaken university path or if having become aware of wanting to do something else in life is causing you depression and feeling of guilty. as a little piece of advice i would suggest that you don't have to look for what's wrong with you, but what's wrong for you.

You are not weak minded. You are a 22 year old experiencing emotions consistent with a very common & treatable illness known as depression.  I'm not saying for certain you are suffering from depression.  But your symptoms suggest it.  Please speak to a doctor for a diagnosis & treatment.  With proper treatment you will feel much much better.