Can a person whose palate doesn't like seafood one day adjust so that they like the taste?

I've never liked fish or any kind of seafood; I've tried to like it and want to, but my taste buds find it all absolutely nauseating! Even the smell...

Is there a chance that over time, I could come to like seafood? 

I suppose if you ate enough of it you could learn to tolerate it, but I have hated seafood all my life, with the exception of scallops, and it has never happened for me yet, nor would I really want to put myself through that just to say I can eat seafood. Not worth the effort.

Yes, you can acquire the taste with time.

You might - people often find they like different foods as they get older (eg they might start liking olives) - so worth giving it a try every few years maybe.

Also - you might never like 'fishy' fish, but you might find you like something like salmon. 

• kswck2

My mother Hated fish, and my Dad kept aquarium fish. So I was kind of taught Not to like fish. Then I grew up and started to like things like scallops and clams. And as it would figure, I developed and allergy to Scallops. So I fear eating fish once again. 

I don't know. I hate fish. I'm 66. I tried so many times to like it, but I don't and probably never will. 

• ?

Over time, yes.

When my mom first started buying brown rice and whole wheat bread, instead of white rice and white bread, I HATED the change.  But I ate it because I knew it was good for me, and when I DID eat it, I reminded myself that the purpose of food is to create health.

Within 5 years, I liked brown rice and whole wheat bread.

A similar thing with broccoli.  Count not STAND it.  Started making cheese sauce to drown it in, and could eat it. Gradually weaned myself off to just drizzling some melted butter-lemon juice over it. And now eat broccoli steamed with nothing on it and like it a lot.

Our brain likes what it is used to.  It resists change, but our conscious mind can push us in directions that will gradually change the patterns in our brain.