Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicTelevisionDrama · 1 month ago

I am getting around to watching Crisis on Infinite Earths soon on the CW, how can I watch the Batwoman episode without subscribing to HBO?

I know it's in five parts and Batwoman is no longer on Netflix like it used to be. I will not pay for HBO just to get Batwoman, a frankly mediocre looking show IMO, just because I need to see one episode. I looked on the CW app, but the episode isn't on it anymore.

I don't think there's a free way to get it.  You could buy it from Amazon for $1.99

If it's not on your On Demand... check youtube, check streaming free TV and then check the thing starting with T. 7 letters.

Batwoman was a less than mediocre show actually.  It was so bad, the leading actress left, evidently under the delusion that she wasn't part of the problem.

Unfortunately, the second episode, which is what the Batwoman episode was, is one of the better legs of the Crisis 5 episode arc.  If it's only on HBO, could you sign up for a trial and just cancel it immediately?  Do you have a friend who would let you use their login?  

The alternative is to just wait.  I'm sure eventually it will move to other services.  Or just don't watch it.  To be honest, the Arrowverse crossovers have been getting worse every year since Invasion! which was their high water mark.  They've become such a ratings draw that I doubt the Arrowverse could ever get them up, but they're a disjointed mess now.  

I wish that instead of one big crossover, they would do several small ones between the various shows.  Have each show crossover to ONE other show each season.  So Team Flash is on Legends one week.  Maybe a few weeks later Team Legend visits Batwoman.  A few weeks after that, Batwoman's cast visits Supergirl's show.  A few weeks later, Team Supergirl visits Flash's show.  Then the next year, change the matchups up....but always give more than just the hero crossing over.  Alot of the fun of these crossovers is characters that would normally never interact getting the chance to do so.

But that wouldn't create the 'event'.  And the ratings for these crossovers is pretty much CW's Super Bowl.  It's far and away their highest rated moments of the year every year.

I watched it a few months ago, very fun alternate universes five part story tho the final episode mostly sucked in my opinion. I had the same issue as you with not every show being available on the streaming service(s) I subscribe to, but there's always easy solutions to that: watching on less then legal TV sites. The most recent one I've used that you could check out streamm4u.com . If you're against stuff like that, well you could always check if a local DVD rental place or local library has the show in stock, my library gets a shockingly large amount of TV season sets in. 

Don't waste your time. I know a ton of work was put in to creating that storyline.However it was as if they overthought it and it really didn't work.