Gina asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 1 month ago

I was served with court papers for credit card debt.  I draw social security. How do I handle this?

4 Answers

  • 1 month ago

    Pay the debt.  Otherwise, they win in court.  You are not immune to owing your debts because you are on SS.

  • 1 month ago

    You pay your credit card debt.  Contact them and work out a payment plan. 

  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    You are judgement proof.  Sure, they can sue you and they will win. But how will they collect?  

    When I worked collections 30 years ago we would only sue people with full time jobs because otherwise we could not justify court costs.

    Even when people owned their homes because we could not wait 10+ years.

  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    you could try talking to a lawyer  about it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.