How do I adjust salt in cooking? ?

Lol when I read a recipe and it says “salt to taste” idk how much salt to add like I don’t want too add less salt or makes it too salty so how many teaspoon of salt should I add? 

To add*

Favorite Answer

Well, I don't know either how many teaspoons of salt you should add. It isn't going to be the same for each dish or for different amounts of each dish, and I don't know how much salt tastes right to you.

What you do is taste the dish, and if you think it needs salt then add a little bit, mix it in and wait 5 minutes. Taste it again. Add a little bit if you think it needs it. Repeat as needed. Now, was that really so hard to figure out?

The best way to adjust salt in cooking is firstly add very less amount in the food while cooking, then taste it and add accordingly as salt is the ingredient that can be easily sprinkled.

This is how I salt when I am cooking...I imagine that the pot of food is a single serving, as if I were a giant, salting a single plate of food.

Then, once the food is served, I taste it and salt again if need be.

Remember... you can ALWAYS Add more salt but you can't take it out! So saltlightly until you know what your" to taste" is.

I tend to under salt while cooking because I don't like salty food. spout professional chefs say you should salt a little everytime you adda few more ingredients.

I cook ALOT and am NEVER offended if someone wants to add more salt at the table. Some cooks get offended if you salt their food because they think you think their cooking is flavorless. But, I would rather my guests enjoy all the salt they desire!

If it ends up too salty, add small amounts of sugar. It neutralizes the salt in cooking. The amount of salt needed depends on your taste as well as the portion size that you are cooking

One handy solution for over-salted stocks or fluid dishes is to add water. Let's assume you made a Vietnamese chicken noodle soup or a blended curry and got somewhat enthusiastic with your salt sprinkling. Simply pour in some virus water and bring it back up to a stew. You may dull the kind of different fixings, however you'll have adjusted the flavor levels on the dish and can add back the zest to taste (yet not all that much).

Adding starch is a handy solution for a too-zesty soup, as in a Thai chicken curry. Add a crude potato (no compelling reason to cut or strip it) to a fluid dish like a soup or a curry to absorb a portion of the additional salt as they cook and will add some starch that will weaken the pungency further. The outcomes anyway are mellow, so don't rely upon this to fix everything.

Well first don't salt by teaspoons.Use just a pinch and taste then do again if necessary

• denise

Just add a little, taste it, then add more if it needs it? 

do not add any. then when you eat it, ad salt to your taste.

• CB

It isn't formulaic, it is by taste and what ingredients you are using and how you are salting and you prepare the dish. Keep the salt to a minimum, if you taste it near the end and it tastes flat (for lack of a better word) add some salt let it cook for 10 or so minutes and taste again. Sometimes a little acid can be substituted for salt (lemon juice, vinegar etc). 

Don't add any salt. After serving it, let each person salt their own food if they so desire.