Work wants me to return to work after test came out negative before the 14 quarantine recommended by doctor?

So I was exposed to someone with Covid and the doctor gave me a note saying to stay at home for 14 days boss texted me saying I need to go back on Tuesday to work by then it’ll be ten days since I’ve been exposed to Covid,saying I need to go back to doctors to get a revised note allowing me to go back to work but I haven’t finished quarantine yet can they do this 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

A quarantine 'recommended' by doctors, yes, your employer can demand you return to work. A quarantine imposed by local government policy, they still can demand you return to work but you have some protection against being disciplined for obeying the quarantine.

• 1 month ago

You tested negative?  Not sure what the issue is.  A doctor's note is not in any way legally binding.  If you haven't come up positive yet, you aren't going to.

• 1 month ago

Absent a diagnosis, your employer is under ZERO obligation to care what the doctor recommended.

They can IGNORE the doctor's note.

• Pete
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

If your doctor says 14 days, there is nothing your boss can do about it. At least he can't in my country. A doctor overrules any boss.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

The current government guidelines set by the CDC states isolation for 10 days. It used to be 14, but they reduced it to 10 days. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.