Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Why do people say that God doesn't exist if everything you touch, feel, smell it is God itself; the reality is a undeniable evidence of God?

Romans 1:20....

If you need to believe everything you touch, feel, smell etc is God that is your choice.

You can't prove it so its not "reality" is your belief.

In western Abrahamic religions, God is distinct from "creation"; he is everywhere within it but he is no part of its substance and vice-versa. So you might want to clear that up first before you make any claim that everything that exists is God itself unless you're intent on dismissing western religions.

Because nothing that you touch, feel, or smell IS God itself, that's why. The reality is a total lack of evidence for a god.

• Huh?

The part that I find amazing is otherwise intelligent people look at what you wrote and actually believe you have made a profound point. In reality it is perhaps the stupidest argument an apologist can make. It is neither evidence or a philosophical argument for God. It is an utterly nonsensical circular argument that is astonishingly stupid. 

I am not being hyperbolic, this argument is amazingly stupid. 

Everything I touch, smell and feel is not any sort of a god but atoms and molecules.

Why do you think toast is God?  It's just toast.  I made it toast by putting bread in the toaster, which heated it up.  There's no God there.  There's physics and chemistry. 

You need to show that there is a supernatural component to toast - that it can't be made with fire and bread.  That it takes some magical fairy dust or something.  And that's just not true.  I made the toast.  God doesn't make toast.

• ?

So if I  eat an apple I'm eating God?

I'm vegan. 

FOOLISHNESS....HAVE U EVER READ THE POEM CALLED "TREES"...IT STARTS OUT LIKE THIS...I THINK THAT I SHALL NEVER SEE A THING AS BEAUTIFUL AS A TREE...I THINK JOYCE KILMER WROTE IT IF U WISH TO GOOGLE...I HAVE GORGEOUS TREES IN MY YARD AND I LOVE THEM SO MUCH....TREES GIVE OFF OXYGEN WHICH IS WHAT humans need to breathe..GOD IS VERY SMART.

• ?

Because when most people say it they are talking like the Judea/Christian/Muslim idea of God.