Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 2 months ago

Poll: do you think it is okay for a person to take their life?

No, I don't think that's okay.

In terms of suicide, I do not think it's okay. I have been there myself and I only now realize that I would have caused my family to suffer for the rest of their lives. They love me so much, and when I went through my depression they did everything they possibly could have for me. Even for people who aren't blessed with the love and support that I had shouldn't do it. They are beautiful people made by God, who loves and cherishes them just as much as anybody else. There is always something to live for, no matter how small it seems. However, my viewpoint on this does change slightly when it comes to euthanasia. I believe that euthanasia should be highly restricted; children, anybody who has a reasonable chance of recovery, people who are not mentally fit to make this decision, etc should not have the option for it. If somebody is terminally ill and is in constant pain, I'm not against euthanasia. Overall, I do not believe that it is okay for somebody to take their own life. I think there is always something to live for and that suicide will always negatively impact at least one other person.

No.

But ignoring serious health issues isn't much better. 

• Kathy

It is not okay to take their own life.

• Rick

my only problem with it is that's it's TOO easy to cover-up a murder by calling it an 'assisted suicide' ...........

No, but life is really hard. I wish people understood more about the severity of having depression.

In my eyes if someone is dead set on going through with it (no pun intended I SWEAR), I'd only hope that they've weighed the consequences of their actions in their minds. Whether I think it's okay or not is totally circumstantial since I don't know the ins and outs to their lives...and even IF I appear to somewhat talk them out of it, what happens if I find out they gave into the dark thoughts on a later date?

Only if they are terminally ill or were seriously injured. Physical injuries often can't be fixed. If they have depression then they can easily get counseling or medications and feel better and live their life.

Totally circumstantial. But in general, that's up to them if they're of sound mind. But it could be argued that one is not of sound mind if they want to commit suicide. But again, that argument hinges on circumstance.