Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 month ago

Why are people who hate me so obsessed with who I date ?

Back in high school the students who openly hated me always wanted me to date my best guy friend. And I always would think "why are y'all so obsessed with who I date when you hate me so much?" Make it make sense 

Favorite Answer

People just love gossip and to get into somebody else's business .... even people they say they don't like

Maybe they didn't hate you. Maybe you were just in an angsty teen phase in which you projected your own sense of inadequacy and self-loathing onto others, meaning it wasn't they who hated you but rather your own hate for yourself being reflected back to you in their eyes. It's a common phenomenon.   

Maybe they secretly had a crush on your guy friend and the fact you two were always hanging out drove them mad and jumped to untrue conclusions. 

That was their problem not yours.

They probably wanted you to date them so they could go behind your back, cause sh**, and ultimately cause it to break up.