My mother thinks I'm not working when I work from home. How do I change her mindset?

My mother's comments are so irritating. If I'm working from home she thinks I'm not working! My job is so busy and I literally have no down-time apart from my lunch break. She thinks I sleep all day in my house pretending to work because she can't see what I do. Well she can't see what I do when I'm in the office either, but somehow she thinks just because I'm working from home it doesn't count. 

According to her, I only work when I'm in the office but that's once or twice a week at most nowadays. She thinks that since I'm "free" I can do random time-consuming things for her. And she doesn't work, she's a stay at home bum, doesn't have any underage kids to take care of either (we're all independent adults).She says I should work hard like my brother because he actually "goes to work" (he's an essential worker). 

• Scott

Why do you care what she thinks? Obviously she has nothing going on in her own life.

• y

I had a business that I ran out of the home while the kids were growing up, I got the same attitude from my dad. That was, until he was staying with us for a couple of days so I asked if he would like to help, he did, never said another word about it.

So don't answer the phone.

It's ironic that she says you don't work, or don't work hard enough, when she is the one sitting around in your house, doing nothing.  Does she have any idea at all that many people now work from home?? Show her your paycheck. That should be enough proof for her to see that you ARE working, and providing for her.  The other thing you should consider is changing your living situation.  Not sure what she does all day, but aside of kicking her out, you should tell her that she needs to get off her lazy rear and do those random things herself, and perhaps finally go get a job. It's unlikely you can change her mindset, but you can change the situation if you really want to.